Friday, April 22, 2011

Execution, the dentist and a friend helping me to the bathroom.

So this morning after I woke up with Emilie and the dogs, I went back to bed for a couple hours since I don't have to be at work until 1:30.  I had one of my more peculiar dreams during that nap.
Starts out and I'm at the dentist.  I need a routine cleaning, but they decide to sedate me.  They stick the needle in and I start to count backwards from 10 and lay down.  They think I'm asleep so they start cleaning.  I could feel the high speed rotating brush on my teeth but couldn't speak to say I was awake.
Next thing I know I'm being moved on a stretcher into a room with a bunch of other stretchers and I hear the dentist say "Prep him for test surgery".  I was thinking to myself "Test surgery? Am I at a dental school or something?"  It was now that I realized that I had 2 cough drops in my mouth by the back of my throat and also 2 of those cotton balls they put in your mouth at the dentist.  I was trying with my tongue to keep them in place.
So I'm laying in my stretcher and realize I have to go to the bathroom.  I get up but I am super zonked from the anethesia and I also have an IV cart with me (I guess that was the anethesia), so my friend Kennard Williams from Guitar Center starts to help walk me to the bathroom.  The nurse is screaming at us as I'm bumping into things and falling down.  He said to her "No, I got this," and we walk to the bathroom.
The bathroom was more like an open auditorium with a bunch of seats that people were sitting in, and there was a hallway with a bunch of doors.  I went into one of the doors with Kennard's help, and walked up to a urinal.  It was here that I realized that this was also the place where they execute criminals on death row.  The room I was in was the bathroom, shower and changing room they would bring criminals into before they took them out into the main auditorium where people would watch the executions.
I started to pee and realized, "Why am I having dental surgery when I've already been executed and I'm dead?"
Then I woke up...I had to pee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment